Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 4 June 2007

inescapable

I may just do a series of "in-" titles. For no other reason than to be somewhat clever, or at least to feel somewhat so. Then again, I might get tired of it tomorrow.

The inescapable is the next two weeks, with planning and dance recital rehearsals and the recitals themselves (two, between the three girls), the arrival of a choir from Alabama here for a week, soccer, etc, etc. I'd like to go hide in the field and make it go away, but it won't. So I must buckle down, bite the bullet, and all those other cliches that mean DO IT.

The weekend was wonderful, the wedding and reception were fun, with an elegant location, good food, and excellent company. I felt very genteel with it all. Then yesterday afternoon six of us were here at the farm, burning scrap wood and looking very far removed from the very classy crew that had been at the Rideau Club the day before.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

i think 'classy' is defined in it's own terms. i believe that it means you are dressed for the occasion. because we were dressed for the occasion. oh, except for me. and i hardly think we were that classy friday night as we were shaking our bonbons like there was no tomorrow. especially d.

Jennifer said...

ps. go pick up some chai mix. they probably sell it a your store in richmond if they have an 'organic' section. chai is lovely

sue said...

Trying to picture D shaking his bonbons. Disturbing.