Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Saturday 16 June 2007

interesting

Last night marked the finale of our Alabama visit week. We finished with a free meal and concert, both of which were great and well-received. Lots of hugs and goodbyes and thanks-for-comings and you-really-must-come-visit-us-in-Alabamas. What an amazing group of people, and what wonderful new friends we have made.

CSI:Farm update: more flour was put at the run entry last night, and the live trap set with a chicken drumstick. I awoke around 2:30 and thought I heard something, but there was no following sound so I went back to sleep. This morning the hens were all fine and happy to go outside, the flour had prints in it I couldn't decipher, the trap was lying on its side unsprung, the bait gone. Hm. It seems the critter slipped under the door, as there were blobs of flour that seemed to be belly prints just inside the door.

I'd like to set my alarm and do a stakeout tonight, but have to be alert enough tomorrow for the band at church. Wouldn't really do to have me fall asleep over the keyboard mid-song. Besides, what would I do if I saw something? Throw a rock at it?

No comments: