Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Thursday 2 August 2007

oh, there it is

Summer has finally returned from its vacation and we are in the thrall of a real, true, hot, humid week. So hot I dove in the pool fully dressed after garden work yesterday afternoon. So hot I did said work in the shade only as the sun was just feeling too strong. So hot the dirt was sticking to me because I was sweating so much. So hot I let the kids play computer over the noon hour, since I don't really want them outside. So hot the chickens are walking around with their wings held out from their bodies and their mouths open. So hot the air conditioning doesn't get upstairs enough to cool it well.

But the pool is wonderful and the girls and I are spending much time in it these days. Today is a very informal get-together with our homeschool co-op, one of several throughout the summer. Whoever shows up comes and plays and brings their lunch and swims. Tonight is band which would be nice to hold in the pool as well, if it weren't for the whole getting electrocuted thing.

Maybe tonight I'll swim under the stars, if the thunderstorms hold off.

2 comments:

sue said...

We used to swim under the stars in Wichita. Ben and I would sing..."that's why God made the moon. For nights like this when we dream of all eternity, as the angels sing their twilight symphony..."

Jennifer said...

oh bugger. thanks a lot. now i'm crying.