Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Saturday 29 September 2007

almost there

This morning will start the last leg of our road trip. It has been fun, seeing parts of the country I'd never laid eyes on before. I had no idea Wisconsin was so pretty. Rolling hills, acres of corn (for feed or ethanol? not sure, but that's a debate for another day), tidy farms on bright green patches of grass, old dairy barns still in use. It made me realize how sad much of Ontario's farmland has become. Once upon a time, our farm fields likely looked like that.

The trip was wonderful, the girls behaved very well for the most part, many silly giggles were had, many good times. But it will be good to be home again with D, the dogs, this chickens, the hamsters. We made scrambled eggs here this morning and it was funny how odd white eggs looked.

Home is always a good place to get to.

No comments: