Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 3 October 2007

is it really the best they can come up with?

I'm sure much thought and engineering from people much more qualified than myself went into designing the way you hook up an attachment to a tractor. But, to my reckoning, wrestling with the drive shaft of the PTO (power take off), holding it up while trying to align the grooves of the attachment's socket to the grooves of the post of the tractor, at the same time holding the pin in that lets it slide on to the post, should be able to be done more easily.

Maybe we should just go back to horses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey at least you can _stop_ the PTO first. It's much more difficult to connect when it's running at full RPM :-)