Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 19 December 2007

found and built

School was fun yesterday, interrupted by sighting an evening grosbeak at the feeder. It's so odd to see something other than bluejays, sparrows and chickadees in the winter that we stopped lessons to watch the flashes of yellow as the male and female scouted for seeds before flying away.

We did have shear bolts, and so by installing a bolt that was about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch in diameter, the whole snow blower was working again. Yay! I felt a real sense of accomplishment at that, though it's really the extent of my tractor repairing abilities. No trip to the dealer needed, I stayed home and finished some snow clearing until the Snowman family arrived for gingerbread house time.

The kids had a ball, many sugar highs were in the making, and the end result was cute houses, happy kids, and a nice visit for the moms. I have a feeling the houses aren't up to code, but I do think that marshmallow roofing is an idea whose time has come.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away. I think it's because I did finish a lot early. I don't say that to brag, but simply because while the older girls were at JPP, I spent some days shopping with M that I wouldn't otherwise have had, and as a result that bit of craziness was done early. This week will be some Christmas food make-aheads, planning two Sunday services and the Christmas Eve music, finishing school, and taking some time to enjoy the season. I'm enjoying not being in malls right now. Maybe that's why it feels so calm; I'm not rushing around in that insanity.

No comments: