Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Friday 12 December 2008

sick

It always seems to come this time of year, and I saw it creeping around the corners and peeking out at me, waiting to strike. You'd think I would learn, send it tickets to Cuba or some such thing to get it away from here, but year after year it's the same thing. On Tuesday it sprung out at me and I was done for.

Tuesday night everything ached. If I touched my hair, the follicles hurt. If I put on a sweater I felt every teensy part of my skin hurting. So, with sore throat, sore nose (from blowing it so often), and no energy my week has seen very little getting accomplished. While my throat felt better yesterday, this morning it's sore again.

On the plus side, I have had three very good little helpers through the day who have kindly made me tea, and one wonderful husband who has shooed me off to bed and reminded me that it's ok if the laundry isn't folded, and the band will be ok for missing one week's rehearsal, and the Christmas baking can be done later or skipped, and he'll take care of the dishes. I love my family.

No comments: