Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 14 April 2010

fragments

My mind seems to erupt lately with bursts of ideas for songs. I get fragments of lyric, of melody, but when I try to catch them and pin them down they laugh tantalizingly, wriggle out of my grasp, and slip away. I'm left holding the memory of something that sounded pretty cool.

But I've typed them down, in hopes that the muse will revisit (after all, she may just have been passing through on her way to another destination and will stop in on her way home) and the fragments will become something bigger.

Meanwhile life on the farm continues to give me perspective. I spent hours yesterday spring-cleaning the chicken coop, removing manure and old shavings, putting fresh shavings in, putting away the heaters that we needed over the winter. One hen who'd been fading did indeed have her last moments yesterday, despite the girls' hopes of nursing her back to health.

And this morning I wrote what looks like a complete song in one sitting. Wow! Been a while since that happened. We'll see if it works into a song or was just me being delusional.


No comments: