Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 31 May 2010

quiet

May has been a busy month. We launched into it and from the 9th until yesterday almost constantly had visitors with us. D's folks, my folks, and some friends from Pennsylvania all spent time here at the farm. It was a fun month of reconnecting, being tour guides (and tourists ourselves, exploring the Parliament Buildings with our friends), and enjoying people.

Last week we celebrated M's 10th birthday, as our baby entered into double digits and once again I marveled at how the time flies, and what an amazing young lady she is. No wallflower, this one.

Now I'm sitting here with my coffee and summer stretches ahead. Finishing schooling, working on the farm, concert dates and an east coast trip, driving to the states to pick up the girls from a visit they'll be having there, trying to keep the chickens from attacking the poor little remnants of begonias (what do they have against them, really?).

While it's been busy and it's going to be busy, today I can sit with my coffee. Well, until it's time to leave for archery, take the kids to their last SHEP day, vacuum the pool, catch upon paperwork...

No comments: