Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Thursday 5 August 2010

appreciate

We had a great rehearsal with the band last night, these intrepid (crazy?) folks who are willing to join me on my trip out east for a few concerts. Two hours of singing later, and I was kinda tired.

I love these guys (and those of the Sequoia music gang who can't head to the coast with us) for more reasons than I can say.

They put up with me. We laugh about silly things mid-song. Egos aren't on the line. We share a common purpose and goal, to worship God through music and to share the joy that brings us with others. They are willing to drive to the east coast on their own dime to support my three concerts. They are amazingly talented, amazingly humble, deeply caring and wonderfully fun. They are themselves, they are friends. They share their musicality in a way that makes the whole unit more than the sum of the parts. Synergy is a wonderful thing.

I have a radio interview being taped on Friday morning (eek!), the events are being promo'ed out east, and we leave the following week. I'm excited!

Concert details are on my site, or you can go to myspace, facebook, ilike... aah, the joys of social media.

No comments: